Mechanical Power Transmission
Sprint provide belts, pulleys and transmission chain solutions from market leading manufacturers that can lower costs, reduce down time and increase life span. Benefit from our expert knowledge to select the right products to meet your specific needs.
Belts & Pulleys
We are approved distributors for market leaders SKF whose Xtra power belts have been designed to deliver up to 40% more power than standard wrapped belts. These belts will not only cut costs but more importantly extend the service life of your existing applications.
The Tension members for the Xtra power belts are of polyester and are specially treated to provide high tension loads and low elongation. A fibre filled compound above and below the tension members allows the belts to carry higher dynamic loadings with no compromise of flexibility and full support of tension cords. The cover fabric provides excellent wear and abrasion resistance while also providing excellent bending strength.
Available SKF Xtra power profiles:
- SPZ, SPA, SPB, SPC ISO wedge standard
- 3V, 5V, 8V RMA standard narrow wedge
Transmission chain corrosion solutions
These chain solutions provide superior anti-corrosion performance when compared to traditional surface treatments and a high corrosion resistance even at high temperature 300°C.
This surface treatment offers an exceptional performing anti-rust coating on normal carbon steel chains
- Coating offers a silver/white surface – made up of an inorganic acid polymer bonding metallic zinc and aluminium flake particles – to steel surfaces
- Suitable for very corrosive conditions
Four Way Corrosion Resistance
- Barrier Protection – any overlapping zinc and aluminium flakes provide an excellent barrier
- Galvanic Action – zinc corrodes to protect steel
- Passivation – metal oxide in matrix slow down corrosion reactions of zinc and steel
- Self-Repairing – damaged areas in the coating fill with zinc oxides and carbonates
- Due to the concentration of aluminium within the coating, good bi-metallic corrosion resistance with aluminium is accomplished
- When Dacromet is cured on the metal surface, the coating becomes inorganic, and thus resistant to solvents, gasoline and brake fluids
Superior heat resistant and anti corrosive characteristics:
- No hydrogen embrittlement – preserves the tensile strength of the chain to standard specifications
- Pollution free process – the application method is designed to be used in non-polluting ways. No vapor or water contamination, offering one of the most environmentally friendly product coatings
Remember, counterfeit products can cause shutdowns in industry and production facilities, serious accidents and even loss of human lives.
Don’t take the risk! Always buy from authorised distributors like Sprint Engineering & Lubricants. Find out more…